Pete Hanson, Ohio State head men's volleyball coach and one of the trainers of the AOC Men's Volleyball Head Coach Certification, discusses how to organize your serve receive and cover the gaps when the serve is coming at a high velocity.
The Men's Volleyball Head Coach Certification includes 38 hard-hitting video lessons just like this one that covers how to develop your offensive and defensive systems for a men's coach (or a women's coach looking for innovative approaches to training that apply to both the men’s and women’s games). After taking the certification, you'll be able to:
- Train your setters to beat the block using deception and good decision-making
- Enhance individual serving performance with the “green to tee” strategy
- Improve hitter decisions using “if / then” scenarios
- Run five different blocking systems designed to thwart multiple attack situations
- Teach players when to run a spread vs. overload attack
- Promote better passing based on the opposing server’s location
- Use statistics during a match to quickly correct issues
- ... And much more!