Your team will have to hit the road this year. Here are some tips to make sure players get the rest they need:
- If traveling across time zones, go to sleep at 10 PM local time. Several days before you leave for a trip across time zones, start getting up and going to bed earlier if you are east bound; later if you are westbound.
- Avoid heavy meals on flights or soon after you arrive at your destination city.
- Avoid caffeine and heavy exercise at least 3 hours before bed.
- Go to sleep the same time every night.
- If you have light sleepers on your team, bring ear plugs, blindfolds, or a radio that makes 'white noise' or ocean sounds.
- Get up and outside for some fresh air soon after daylight.