You always want to avoid giving the other team a free ball, but when you have no choice, where should you put it? In this video, 949 Athletics coach Cary Wendell Wallin and two of her senior club players, Claire Quick and Emilie Austin, offer two suggestions. Check out these other videos below about strategy for free balls and down balls:
- Free ball less, hit more!
- Jim Stone: Down ball and free ball defense
- How USD's middles stop the angle and play free/down balls
- Making the most of free balls and down balls with Mark Barnard
- Free ball transition drill with Lupo Ludwig (Premium)
- Make it an "earned ball," not a free ball