Meetings called by the coaching staff to brief teams will be more efficient and productive if they adhere to the following suggestions:
• All members should be present. The face-to-face requirement is vital because it reinforces team spirit. And it lets the members know that they're all equally informed.
• Regular. Postponing team meetings can make team members think the coaching staff doesn't care enough about them to keep them informed.
• Brief and Consistent. Ten to 15 minutes each day is better than two hours once a week.
• Don't let one or two players monopolize discussions. Allow all ideas to be heard and shared.
• Don't put anyone on the defensive. Assume all ideas have some merit.
• Keep all players informed about their progress, where they are and what is expected of them. Keep notes on flip charts and boards that everyone can see.