Coaches at the University of Michigan teach players important defensive skills using a series of fun, competitive drills.
- Drill #1: Through the legs digging
- Drill #2: Tennis ball digging
- Drill #3: Dodge ball digging
The purpose is two-fold:
- Players practice moving their feet so they’re in proper position to make the play.
- They learn to immediately shift to the next skill after making the dig.
In this video, see a demo of each drill and learn why Associate Head Coach Leisa Rosen believes incorporating other sports into volleyball drills is beneficial.