Nneka Ogwumike, WNBA Player - Los Angeles Sparks (WNBA MVP 2016)
- Thoughts are things. "Whether you think you can or you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford
- You have to believe in yourself for others to believe in you, but sometimes you can get a boost from those around you as they recognize your abilities.
- Three tips: You have to realize your own value to tackle challenges. Your value doesn't take away from anyone else's. If you don't ask, the answer is no.
Things to Think About
- Who are the people around you who give you confidence in yourself? How do they do that?
- Where are the places that you feel less comfortable? Do you keep your confidence when you enter those rooms?
Ways to Practice
- Write down some reasons that you bring value in those spaces where you're less comfortable. Take a moment to reflect on those before you enter that room.
- What's something you're afraid to ask? Can you overcome the fear of a negative answer and ask anyway?
P/ATH Sports, founded by Cassidy Lichtman, is a non-profit organization that believes that healing the divisions in our society in the long run depends on teaching young people new skills around empathy, equity and empowerment. P/ATH offers free content featuring some of the most successful athletes and coaches across sports using their experience to teach lessons around how to build mindset skills, develop great team culture, break out of the boxes we get put in and how the most valuable life lessons we learn in sports can transfer off the court or field.