Whether your training a single athlete or sharing skills with the whole team, help members absorb the new information by asking them how they prefer to learn. Have them rank these 7 learning methods:
* Attempt it myself, then receive immediate feedback.
* Give me exercises or drills to practice on my own.
* Show me film of myself and others performing.
* Tell me about it verbally.
* Give me an overview in writing.
* Observe someone else in practice and model them.
* Talk about it with other players.
Once you know each student athlete’s preferred training styles, you can adapt your practice approach to maximize learning for each.