Steve Kerr, Head Coach Golden State Warriors (6 Time NBA Champion)
- Selflessness in a team sport translates directly to winning because you can work most efficiently and effectively when players work together.
- Real strength lies in knowing what you don't know, empowering others, being secure in your own skin and sometimes leading by letting others lead.
- The majority of successful people are ones who collaborate, take responsibility and care for others.
Things to Think About
- How can be being selfless or collaborative help you as an athlete?
- What about outside your sport?
- What does strength mean to you? What are some of the qualities you think make a strong leader?
Ways to Practice
- This week, find one way to empower or help a teammate and someone outside of your team.
- Find one opportunity to take advice or collaborate with a teammate and someone outside of your team this week.
Watch more content from Steve Kerr on P/ATH Sports:
Understanding Your Teammates
Be a Man
P/ATH Sports, founded by Cassidy Lichtman, is a non-profit organization that believes that healing the divisions in our society in the long run depends on teaching young people new skills around empathy, equity and empowerment. P/ATH offers free content featuring some of the most successful athletes and coaches across sports using their experience to teach lessons around how to build mindset skills, develop great team culture, break out of the boxes we get put in and how the most valuable life lessons we learn in sports can transfer off the court or field.