Doug Baldwin, former NFL Player, Seattle Seahawks (Super Bowl Champion)
- How do you look at another human being and say, how can I help and support this person?
- If you're creating a winning culture everybody has to be willing to sacrifice so that the team can be successful.
- You have to realize that the person next to you is your teammate and think about what is best for that person. And take care of yourself so that you can do that.
Things to Think About
- What are some of the ways you can serve the people on your team? In your class? In your family?
- What's an example of a time that someone else has been selfless in support of you?
Ways to Practice
- Come up with one way you are going to support a teammate or classmate this week
- Think of someone you don't know very well. Come up with one way you can be selfless in service of them this week.
Watch more content from Doug Baldwin on P/ATH Sports:
It's only temporary
Strength in honesty
P/ATH Sports, founded by Cassidy Lichtman, is a non-profit organization that believes that healing the divisions in our society in the long run depends on teaching young people new skills around empathy, equity and empowerment. P/ATH offers free content featuring some of the most successful athletes and coaches across sports using their experience to teach lessons around how to build mindset skills, develop great team culture, break out of the boxes we get put in and how the most valuable life lessons we learn in sports can transfer off the court or field.