Nneka Ogwumike, WNBA Player - Los Angeles Sparks (WNBA MVP 2016)
- No one is any one thing. All kinds of aspects combine to create your story.
- Just like how you have a story, other people have a story. Try to raise the voices of those people who have been given the least space.
- One of the foundations of great teamwork is making space for each person to provide their story and contribute their part.
Things to Think About
- Nneka says no one is just one thing. So what are some of the things that make up parts of your story?
- What are some of the ways that you can better listen or help raise someone else's voice?
Ways to Practice
- Pair up with a friend or teammate. share some of the things that make up your story and listen to their own.
- Find at least one opportunity this week to listen and better understand someone else and/or to help raise their voice.
Watch more content from Nneka Ogwumike on P/ATH Sports: Know your value
P/ATH Sports, founded by Cassidy Lichtman, is a non-profit organization that believes that healing the divisions in our society in the long run depends on teaching young people new skills around empathy, equity and empowerment. P/ATH offers free content featuring some of the most successful athletes and coaches across sports using their experience to teach lessons around how to build mindset skills, develop great team culture, break out of the boxes we get put in and how the most valuable life lessons we learn in sports can transfer off the court or field.