With volleyball on hold due to the COVID-19 outbreak, club directors are scrambling on many fronts (financial, schedule, communication, etc.) and have a lot of questions about how to best handle this unprecedented situation with their club.
In partnership with the JVA, Jim Stone from the U.S. Girls Youth National Team sat down with some of the top club directors around the country to see what they are doing to manage the challenges of this downtime.
Featured club directors:
- Jen Cottrill, Legacy Volleyball Club (Michigan)
- Maggie Griffin, VCNebraska (Nebraska)
- Jodi Schramm, Premier Academy Volleyball Club (Ohio)
- Joaquin Acosta, A-4 Volleyball Club (California)
Discussion topics include:
- Finances and contracts - club dues, staff pay, tournament fees, facility fees, insurance, loans, etc.
- Scheduling - rescheduling tournaments, canceling the entire season, etc.
- Communicating with coaches and players during the time off
- How to better prepare for future situations like this
Want to to receive details for the next live stream? Register here!