This session was part of AOC's 2020 Virtual Clinic series during the COVID-19 shutdown. Watch as Tod Mattox, Anne Kordes, and Jim Stone talk through simple steps to success when coaching beginners, including answering questions from coaches who were watching live.
Priorities for Coaching Beginners: Simple steps to success when teaching younger players
Tod Mattox, The Bishop's School Head Coach
Anne Kordes, Associate Director of KIVA
Jim Stone, U.S. Girls Youth National Team Head Coach
During the session, Anne mentions multiple documents that her club uses and has provided them for you to use as well. Check them out at the links below:
- Monday Master Training (13 and under kids)
- Development (1st – 5th grade teams)
- Junior League 10-week Plan (beginner level athletes)
- VolleyTOTS 4-week Schedule Part 1
- VolleyTOTS 4-week Schedule Part 2
- Serving and Hitting for Younger Players
If you have questions about any of the documents, feel free to email Anne Kordes directly at email@example.com.