With volleyball canceled in Canada due to COVID-19, we're talking to Canadian club directors in our club directors social distancing livestream #3. Many club directors across Canada have questions about finances, cancellations, maintaining communication with their coaches and athletes, and more, so we are here to give you some ideas about how you can handle this challenging situation with your own club.
American club directors can also gain some helpful insight, see what you can do to prepare yourself and your club by learning what measures you could potentially need to take should the remainder of your club season be canceled.
In partnership with the JVA, Jim Stone from the U.S. Girls Youth National Team sat down with some of the top club directors around Canada to see what they are doing to manage the challenges of this downtime.
Featured Canadian club directors:
- Cathy Curry, Fusion Volleyball Club (Ontario)
- Shauna Denney, 403 Selects Volleyball Club (Alberta)
- Bruce Edwards, Canada West Volleyball Club (Alberta)
- Paul Pavan, Kitchener Waterloo Predators (Ontario)
- Kathy Peters, Regina Queen City Volleyball Club (Saskatchewan)
- Lisa Tam, Action Volleyball Club (British Colombia)
Discussion topics include:
- Finances: Cash flow struggles and government assistance programs, player dues and refund policies, paying coaches
- Learning from this situation to make changes in the future
- Managing team relationships
- Making up training time
- Virtual training for players
Want to to receive details for the next live stream? Register here!