With volleyball on hold indefinitely, we're talking to club directors through our club directors social distancing livestream #2. Many club directors around the country have questions about finances, rescheduling, maintaining communication with their coaches and athletes, and more, so we are here to give you some ideas about how you can handle this challenging situation with your own club.
In partnership with the JVA, Jim Stone from the U.S. Girls Youth National Team sat down with some of the top club directors around the country to see what they are doing to manage the challenges of this downtime.
Featured club directors:
- Chris Hannemann, Da Kine Volleyball Club (Washington)
- Lexi Patton, Virginia Elite Volleyball Club (Virginia)
- Steve Sack, Michigan Elite Volleyball Academy (Michigan)
- Katy Garza, Absolute Volleyball Academy (Texas)
Discussion topics include:
- Finances: Cash flow struggles and government assistance programs, player dues and refund policies, paying coaches
- Learning from this situation to make changes in the future
- Managing team relationships
- Rescheduling events and making up training time
- Virtual training for players
Want to to receive details for the next live stream? Register here!