Here are 4 keys to a successful setter attack as demonstrated by Oregon State setter Dana Backlund and explained by Mark Barnard, head coach at Oregon State:
- Being able to jump set.
- Disguising the attack by having both hands up as if you’re going to set.
- Making good decisions on which balls to set and which balls to attack.
- Directing the shot to spots on the court where it is least likely to get dug.
Want to learn more about setting?
- Use of the legs in back setting
- Lauren Carlini: Jump setting or the setter attack
- Cone forehead setting drill with Mark Barnard
- String setting with Lizzy Stemke (premium)
- Learn the different types of sets with Russ Rose (premium)