1. Attentiveness to Detail. You must prepare to win in order to be a winner. Failure to prepare is preparing to fail.
2. Impartiality. This is a must, but you must remember that you must not treat everyone alike as they are all different. Give each one the treatment earned and deserved.
3. Teaching Skill. It isn’t enough that you know the game, you must be able to teach it. Follow the laws of learning.
4. Discipline. Most essential for proper concentration and group organization.
5. Affability. The coach must be of an affable disposition because of the various groups with whom he must associate.
6. Forcefulness. You must be firm without being bullheaded.
7. Alertness. Constant observation of all things going on around you is necessary for improved learning and decision making.
8. Desire to Improve. Lack of ambition will result in complacency and laziness.
9. Vision. A Picture of the possible must be shown to your players to provide a goal for them.
10. Consideration For Others. You must be truly considerate of others if you expect them to be considerate of you. You must listen to them if you want them to listen to you.
11. Resourcefulness. You must be ever ready to make necessary adjustments according to the situation and the personnel that you have available.
12. Cooperativeness. An essential for all who work with others and are dependent on others in various ways.
13. Leadership. Trust be commanded, not demanded. Others are working with you, not for you. Be interested in finding the best way rather than having your own way.
14. Industriousness. There is no substitute for work. Worthwhile things should never be easy to attain.
15. Enthusiasm. If you are to stimulate others, your heart must be in your work. Enthusiasm brushes off upon those with whom you come in contact.
16. Sympathy. You must be truly interested in those under your supervision and be sympathetic with their problems.
17. Self-control. Good judgment must be exercised in your decisions and they must be made through reason not emotion.
18. Sincerity. Insincerity can be spotted very quickly and cause loss of respect.