2018 Louisville Coaching Clinic
10 exceptional coaches. 10 unique points of view.
Are you ready to take your coaching to the next level? Join us in Louisville this April!
April 14-15, 2018
Join us on Saturday night at 6:30 PM for Louisville’s spring match against Butler! The game is open to the public with free admission.
Tickets for 1-2 Coaches
$315per coachBuy Now
Tickets for 3-9 Coaches
$290per coachBuy Now
Tickets for 10+ Coaches
$265per coachBuy Now
$200per coachBuy Now
$125per coachBuy Now
$90per coachBuy Now
Cancel 60+ days before clinic
90% of registration fee will be refunded
Cancel less than 60 days before clinic
No refund of registration fee will be refunded
- Russ Rose Penn State University
- John Dunning Stanford University ('01-'16)
- Terry Liskevych USA Volleyball ('84-'96)
- Debbie Brown Notre Dame ('90-'14)
- Mark Rosen University of Michigan
- Craig Skinner Kentucky
- Dani Busboom Kelly University of Louisville
- Dan Meske University of Louisville
- Ron Kordes Assumption HS & KIVA VBC
- Joe Virga Parisi Speed School
- Learn from some of the top volleyball coaches in the country, including NCAA Champions and National Team coaches
- Receive a clinic handbook of drills, worksheets and lecture notes to bring back to your team
- Access the clinic sessions that you attended online until the end of the year for easy recollection
- Turn in your clinic hours for professional development hours
- Get access to thousands of dollars in equipment giveaways and discounts
- Network with hundreds of coaches in your area for future collaboration
Saturday, April 14
Introduction to The Art of Coaching, thoughts on volleyball in 2018
Analyzing Practice Planning (Liskevych)
Individual Defense (Rose)
Attacking: Footwork, Arm Swing, Details (Dunning)
Court 1: Stats, Game Plans, Pre/Post Game, Timeouts (Rose) Court 2: Hitting and Serving for Younger Players (Dunning)
Court 1:Skill Focused Drills for Advanced Players Court 2: Skill Focused Drills for Younger Players
Court 1: Training Middle Attackers (Dunning) Court 2: Conditioning (Virga) Classroom: 10 Things I Need to Share with You About Coaching (Rosen)
Court 1: Ways to Make Drills/Games Competitive (Rose) Court 2: Conditioning (Virga) Classroom: Developing Leaders (Meske)
Court 1: Serving: Skills, Strategy, Drills (Skinner) Court 2: Training Reading (Brown) Classroom: Communicating with Players, Parents, etc. (Kordes)
Court 1: Training your Libero (Busboom Kelly) Court 2: Comparing Defensive Systems (Rose) Classroom: Using Statistics & Video (Skinner)
Court 1: Blocking Fundamentals (Rosen) Court 2: Training Passers (Kordes) Classroom: Alternative Stats (Dunning)
Question & Answer (All Coaches)
Clinic Close: Mingle with the Coaches and Product Demos
Spring match: University of Louisville vs. Butler (open to the public, free admission)
Sunday, April 15
Team Culture (Rose)
Performance Psychology (Liskevych)
Non 6 vs 6 Drills (All Coaches)
Offense vs Defense (Rose & Dunning)
Competitive 6 vs 6 Drills (All Coaches)
Clinic Close: Mingle with the Coaches
Swain Student Activities Center @ University of LouisvilleUniversity of Louisville - Swain Student Activities Center, 2100 S Floyd St, Louisville, KY 40208
What to Bring
- Your ID for check-in
- A pen / pencil / highlighter for taking notes
- Clothes that are comfortable for sitting and walking (no playing necessary)
- A water bottle that you can refill and snacks as desired
- Cash / check / credit card to purchase memberships & products at special event pricing
- Something soft to sit on (seat cushion, extra sweater, blanket, etc.) if you have a hard time sitting for extended periods!
Option 1: ALoft Louisville East
10700 Westport Rd.
Louisville, KY 40241
Rate: $149.00/night + tax
Distance: 20 min drive to University of Louisville
Amenities: Free parking, free WIFI, guest rooms include free bottled water and coffee
Book online: To book online, click here
Option 2: Hyatt Regency Louisville
311 S 4th Street
Louisville, KY 40202
Rate: $175.00/night + tax
Distance: 8 min drive to University of Louisville
Amenities: Self parking ($15/day), free WIFI, complimentary fitness center
Book online: To book online, click here
Book by phone: To book by phone, call toll free 888-421-1442
***Due to a track meet and spring football game on Saturday, there will be a lot of traffic around campus on Saturday morning. Please plan to arrive early and give yourself plenty of time to park and walk over before 8 AM.
Parking will be available all weekend in the Floyd Street Parking Garage (2126 S Floyd St.) across from Cardinal Park Soccer/Track Stadium.
There are TWO ENTRANCES to the Floyd Street Parking Garage, and the entrances charge different amounts and take different payment methods. If you leave the parking garage during the day, you will need to pay for parking again upon re-entry at either entrance.
1) CASH ONLY: The entrance is on Floyd St. and accepts cash only. You pay $5 cash up front when you enter the parking garage. There is a large play structure on Floyd St. across from the entrance of this garage.
2) CREDIT CARD ONLY: The entrance is in the roundabout in front of the Student Activities Center and accepts credit cards only. You pay for parking by the hour with a $9 maximum.
What It's Like to Attend a Clinic
Wow - It has been a week and I am still excited about the clinic. It was amazing, everything that I imagined and much more. There was never a dull moment. I would advise anyone and everyone who cares about educating themselves and their team to go. The clinic energized me. It was like a renewing of the spirit and mind. It reminded me why I love the sport of volleyball. All the clinicians were great. They were never too busy to answer questions or take pictures. I have already started using some of the drills, the girls love them. Thanks again!”
“The clinic has been excellent! I like that they’re presenting a lot of different sides to the same skills. I really like that they’re emphasizing the fact that there’s no right way to do it, that you need to do what works for your team. Honestly, the amount of information is overwhelming and it just makes me excited to get back into the gym with my kids and implement it!”
"After 39 years of coaching, I needed to stir my mind, learn something new and be challenged as I continue to grow as a person and as a coach. I left the clinic with new energy, great ideas and fresh thoughts heading into this next season."
"We thought the clinic was great! We appreciated the speakers being up close and personal. The coaches kept our attention both days. Not often can you go to a clinic that has three Hall of Fame Coaches to teach, share, and answer questions. Any coach who has the opportunity to attend one of these clinics should spend the money and attend. Every session was well done. Thank you to each clinician!