2018 Dallas Coaching Clinic
11 exceptional coaches. 11 unique points of view.
New in Dallas: 3 Friday Sessions for Coaches, Players, and Parents!
Coaching Young Athletes Session (5:30pm – 8:30pm): Join us in Dallas for a night of youth volleyball filled with drills, games and skill instruction for athletes ages 5-13. Watch as presenters Deborah Newkirk, Ruth Nelson, Stevie Mussie, and Cilene Drewnik showcase their unique teaching methods and strategies for working with young athletes! Stick around at the end for a Q&A and some one-on-one time with the coaches.
Recruiting Session for Coaches (6:00pm – 8:30pm): Recruiting is not just about the player; coaches can play an important role in helping their athletes get recruited. Hear from experienced college coaches Russ Rose, Salima Rockwell and Mike Sealy about what they are looking for in your players, the do’s and don’ts of the recruiting process, and listen as 4-time state champion coach Karin Keeney shares how she helps her athletes get recruited. Stick around at the end for a Q&A and some one-on-one time with the coaches.
Recruiting Session for Players/Parents (6:00pm – 8:30pm): Are your high school athletes looking to continue playing in college? Have them sit down with two former D1 College Coaches John Dunning and Terry Liskevych to get tips on how to navigate the college recruiting process – do’s and don’ts, what college coaches are looking for, how their high school coach can help, and more! Open to athletes and parents, this is a can’t miss for any player looking to play college volleyball! Stick around at the end for a Q&A and some one-on-one time with the coaches.
Are you ready to take your coaching to the next level? Join us in Dallas this June!
June 2-3, 2018
Tickets for 1-2 Coaches
$275per coachBuy Now
Tickets for 3-9 Coaches
$250per coachBuy Now
Tickets for 10+ Coaches
$225per coachBuy Now
Friday Youth Session
$100 when purchased alone
$50per coachBuy Now
Friday Coach Recruiting Session
$100 when purchased alone
$50per coachBuy Now
Friday Parent/Player Recruiting Session
Price is per player
$25per coachBuy Now
$175per coachBuy Now
$125per coachBuy Now
$90per coachBuy Now
Cancel 60+ days before clinic
90% of registration fee will be refunded
Cancel less than 60 days before clinic
No refund of registration fee will be refunded
- Russ Rose Penn State University
- John Dunning Stanford University ('01-'16)
- Terry Liskevych USA Volleyball ('84-'96)
- Mike Sealy UCLA
- Salima Rockwell Penn State University
- Marci Allison University of Texas at Dallas
- Karin Keeney Hebron High School
- Ruth Nelson Bring Your On Parent
- Deborah Newkirk Coach 'Em Up
- Stevie Mussie Drive Nation VBC
- Celine Drewnick Instinct VBC
- Learn from some of the top volleyball coaches in the country, including NCAA Champions and National Team coaches
- Receive a clinic handbook of drills, worksheets and lecture notes to bring back to your team
- Access the clinic sessions that you attended online until the end of the year for easy recollection
- Turn in your clinic hours for professional development hours
- Get access to thousands of dollars in equipment giveaways and discounts
- Network with hundreds of coaches in your area for future collaboration
Friday, June 1st – Youth and Recruiting Sessions
|5:30pm – 8:30pm||Coaching Youth Session|
|6:00pm – 8:30pm||Recruiting Session for Coaches|
|6:00pm – 8:30pm||Recruiting Session for Players/Parents|
Saturday, June 2nd
|8:10am||What is AOC and Thoughts on 2018|
|8:25am – 12:00pm||Lecture and Drill Sessions|
|1:00pm – 4:30pm||Lecture and Drill Sessions|
|4:30pm – 5:00pm||Product Demos and Mingle with Coaches|
Sunday, June 3rd
|8:00am – 12:30pm||Lecture and Drill Sessions|
|12:30pm – 1:00pm||Clinic Close|
University of Texas - DallasUniversity of Texas at Dallas - Activity Center, 800 W Campbell RD, Richardson, TX 75080
What to Bring
- Your ID for check-in
- A pen / pencil / highlighter for taking notes
- Clothes that are comfortable for sitting and walking (no playing necessary)
- A water bottle that you can refill and snacks as desired
- Cash / check / credit card to purchase memberships & products at special event pricing
- Something soft to sit on (seat cushion, extra sweater, blanket, etc.) if you have a hard time sitting for extended periods!
What It's Like to Attend a Clinic
Wow - It has been a week and I am still excited about the clinic. It was amazing, everything that I imagined and much more. There was never a dull moment. I would advise anyone and everyone who cares about educating themselves and their team to go. The clinic energized me. It was like a renewing of the spirit and mind. It reminded me why I love the sport of volleyball. All the clinicians were great. They were never too busy to answer questions or take pictures. I have already started using some of the drills, the girls love them. Thanks again!”
“The clinic has been excellent! I like that they’re presenting a lot of different sides to the same skills. I really like that they’re emphasizing the fact that there’s no right way to do it, that you need to do what works for your team. Honestly, the amount of information is overwhelming and it just makes me excited to get back into the gym with my kids and implement it!”
"After 39 years of coaching, I needed to stir my mind, learn something new and be challenged as I continue to grow as a person and as a coach. I left the clinic with new energy, great ideas and fresh thoughts heading into this next season."
"We thought the clinic was great! We appreciated the speakers being up close and personal. The coaches kept our attention both days. Not often can you go to a clinic that has three Hall of Fame Coaches to teach, share, and answer questions. Any coach who has the opportunity to attend one of these clinics should spend the money and attend. Every session was well done. Thank you to each clinician!